News & Events
Outpost is accepting appointment requests for Private Tastings and Wine Pickups.
Expectations When Visiting Outpost
We want to reassure those interested in visiting Outpost that the utmost care will be taken to provide an experience that is as safe as possible, while still providing the warmth and professionalism that has always been characteristic of our hospitality program. Employees who are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of illness will stay home to mitigate any risks, and we encourage visitors to do the same.
The following points illustrate what guests visiting Outpost can expect:
Outdoor & Indoor Tastings:
Tastings will only take place outdoors when the weather is most favorable. The winter months often require us to host indoors. The natural elements at our site can be extreme and variable (sun, shade, wind, rain, etc.), please dress accordingly to ensure your comfort.
We recognize that social distancing is in some ways counterintuitive to the typical high-touch hospitality that guests are accustomed to, but for the foreseeable future we will have an expectation of no physical contact between employees and visitors (no hugs, handshakes, high fives, etc.).
As we have always done, we will continue to host each group that visits the winery privately and by appointment only. If there is ever more than one group on the property at the same time, steps will be taken to ensure that appropriate social distance can easily be maintained. Efforts will be made to keep a safe distance between visitors and their winery host and other employees on property.
Guest Safety & Cleaning: (Adapted from NVV/ Wine Institute guidelines)
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for adequate time to clean and sanitize the tasting environment and materials between groups.
- Arriving with additional guests (beyond 6) is highly discouraged and will incur our large group fee structure of $225/person.
- Glassware and spit cups used for each tasting appointment will be cleared immediately upon guest departure and washed in commercial, high temperature dishwashers.
- Doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, faucet handles, pens and other contact surfaces will be sanitized at frequent intervals.
- As a working operation, touring of any portion of the vineyards or winery facility will only include routes that will allow for maximum team member and guest safety. This may be variable based on activities being conducted at the time, and will always allow for maintaining appropriate distance as well as limiting the number of surfaces a guest comes into contact with.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for guest and team member use at multiple locations through the property.
- Tasting menus and order forms will be single use and/ or protected by clear plastic that will be sanitized before guest arrival.
- We suggest the use of “contactless” payment methods to the extent possible.
- Kindly note that we do not allow outside food or picnicking on our property.