News & Events
CALIFORNIA FIRE(S) UPDATE: The team, vineyards and winery at Outpost is currently safe from harm. However, changing air quality and variable weather conditions are being taken into consideration when confirming visit requests. If you have questions or would like to send a message to any member of our team, please email us at [email protected] We will respond at our very first opportunity.
COVID-19 UPDATE – Outpost is accepting future appointment requests!
The health, safety and comfort of our team and guests is our top priority. As such, we consistently review and monitor public health guidance from organizations like the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control; from this information we will continue to establish protocols and implement or modify workplace practices in order to uphold these priorities.
The winery will be open and operational to the best of our safe ability to do so, but will close again if scientific data and government recommendation mandates.
Expectations When Visiting Outpost
We want to reassure those interested in visiting Outpost that the utmost care will be taken to provide an experience that is as safe as possible, while still providing the warmth and professionalism that has always been characteristic of our hospitality program.
Only guests with previously scheduled appointments and vendors/partners whose roles are essential to winery operations will be permitted on property. Employees who are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of illness will stay home to mitigate any risks, and we encourage visitors to do the same.
The following points illustrate what guests visiting Outpost can expect:
Outdoor Tastings Only:
All tastings will take place outdoors. Weather and the elements at our site can be variable (sun, shade, wind, etc.), please dress accordingly to ensure your comfort.
Personal Face Coverings:
Employees and guests are required to wear personal face coverings upon arrival and when not able to maintain proper social distancing. Guests should feel free to remove face coverings while seated and tasting wines.
We recognize that social distancing is in some ways counterintuitive to the typical high-touch hospitality that guests are accustomed to, but for the foreseeable future we will have an expectation of no physical contact between employees and visitors (no hugs, handshakes, high fives, etc.).
As we have always done, we will continue to host each group that visits the winery privately and by appointment only. If there is ever more than one group on the property at the same time, steps will be taken to ensure that appropriate social distance can easily be maintained. Efforts will be made to keep a safe distance between visitors and their winery host and other employees on property.
Our goal of safety for all necessitates that our organization be forthcoming and transparent with available information. By booking an appointment to visit our estate, all guests in the party consent to contact tracing, agree to follow all safety protocols and accept the current risks associated with visiting us. Prior to arrival, all guests will be asked to provide names and contact information. In the event that a staff member or past visitor receives a positive diagnosis, people who have visited the winery will be notified in a timely manner by phone or email. In return, we humbly request that any guest who receives a positive COVID-19 diagnosis around the time of their visit contact the winery so that our staff can take the necessary steps to quarantine and prevent further exposure to others.
Guest Safety & Cleaning: (Adapted from NVV/ Wine Institute guidelines)
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for adequate time to clean and sanitize the tasting environment and materials between groups.
- Glassware and spit cups used for each tasting appointment will be cleared immediately upon guest departure and washed in commercial, high temperature dishwashers.
- Doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, faucet handles, pens and other contact surfaces will be sanitized at frequent intervals.
- As a working operation, touring of any portion of the vineyards or winery facility will only include routes that will allow for maximum team member and guest safety. This may be variable based on activities being conducted at the time, and will always allow for maintaining appropriate distance as well as limiting the number of surfaces a guest comes into contact with.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for guest and team member use at multiple locations through the property.
- Tasting menus and order forms will be single use and/ or protected by clear plastic that will be sanitized before guest arrival.
- We suggest the use of “contactless” payment methods to the extent possible.
- Wine purchases being collected at the time of visit will be packed and carried to the guest’s vehicle for placement in the trunk by winery staff.
- Kindly note that we do not allow outside food or picnicking on our property.